Thursday, June 4, 2015

Mail.


I had a horrible day. It hit me super hard today. Starting when Wesley began grabbing his knee and elbow joints and saying 'ow'. It broke my heart. At therapy today he was very clingy (more than usual) and ignored all three of his therapists the majority of the time, which is extremely out of character for him. Sigh. Then we got home and I got mail.


Our mail lady asked if I was expecting a package, I told her no. She said "maybe it's a surprise?". 
I said maybe. She looked at it again and said "I think it's for Wesley.".
She was right, in a way. It's from the pharmaceutical company in England. The only one that manufactures the Enzyme Replacement Therapy drug that helps Hunter boys.

I do pretty well, taking my thoughts captive and not letting them run too far in the future and get ahead of what's actually going on. But that wasn't today. Today I was scared. I'm scared of losing Wesley. What if I can't live without him? As a million other questions fill my mind. Today I hated the disease that plagues my sweet son. I hate it every day, but today has been the worst so far. 

I was washing dishes and thinking: Why my sweet boy? Why me? Why was I chosen? Why was he chosen? Then I looked out the window and saw this:


I know my answer.
NO ONE could ever love this boy as much me. I may not have a lot of answers, but I do know one...
I am so blessed to be his Momma and I am so so thankful I was chosen by God. That will never change.
No matter what happens.

Thank you for praying Warriors.

P.s. We still need help with the costs of driving back and forth to the Children's Hospital and Wesley desperately needs a fenced in yard as he has no sense of danger. Please follow us on Facebook and donate if you can :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment